Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Roy Krunk, Orange County Meter Reader, Found Remains



\COURT DOCUMENTS RELATED TO ROY KRONK

He was a meter reader for Orange County. He read water meters. He had an assigned route. They were assigned the routes one night before working. In August 11,  2008, he was reading meters near HopeSpring Drive. He read all the meters on Suburban and HopeSpring Drive. He was a alone. He started alone and later he was joined by David Dean and a "chris". They were co-workers. \.
On August 11, 2008 , he stepped out of his truck,,  on Suburban Drive to relieve himself. There was a shoppoing center down the street. He knew Caylee was missing. His roommate did not watch reports They did not discuss it on a daily basis.  He was not aware of where the Anthony home was located in relation to Suburban Drive. He went into the woods to only relieve himself. He looked around when in the woods. He saw an object that appeared "odd." He did not see or lift a bag. He did see something that looked like a skull. He was 25-30 feet away. He found a dead rattlesnake and concentrated on that for the rest of the day. He did not say anything, at that time, to Mr. Dean. Mr Dean did not enter the woods where Mr Krunk relieved himself.  Mr Dean did pick up the dead rattlesnake.  He did tell Mr Dean that he saw something that looked like a skull but they were enthralled with the dead rattlesnake. They went back to office and showed everyone the dead rattlesnake. He went home. He did call law enforcement and told them he saw something. He was told  Orange County and was told to call Crimeline. He told them he saw an object that looked like a skull. He did not tell them it was by the Anthony home. He received no response form LE.
ATTORNEY AND ROY KRONK
He worked the next day on August 12, 2008.He does not recall which route he was working. He did not call LE.
On August 13, 2008 he called LE again.  He was told an officer would meet him out at site. Two deputies came. Officer Caine and a women deputy. He did not take them into the woods. They did not ask him to show them where he saw the "odd" object. He pointed to the area where he believed he had seen the object.
On August 11, 2008 he denies calling 911.  Cheney Mason wants to show him his records. Roy Krunk states he called dispatcher. He lives in Osceola County. (his cell phone is programmed 911 for that county)
He identified himself as a meter reader and he said he found an object by the Anthony home. He testifies he did not know where the Anthony home was in the morning at the beginning of his route.  He told dispatcher he was by the school on Suburban drive. He told them there were two entryways , a grey bag and a dead log.  He told them there was something that appeared to be a skull.He told them there was a swampy area. He testifies it is the truth.  He testifies he was never closer than 30 feet.

                                                         GARBAGE BAG WITH CAYLEES REMAINS

On August 12, 2008. He did call again. He told them he went back again to relieve himself and saw the grey bag. "There is a fallen tree that  looks like someone tried to cut on it. There is a white board leaning against the tree. " Objection sustained. RK> Yes ,sir.  He testifies he does not remember there was something round and white.
TREE TRUNK OVER CAYLEES SKULL


ROY KRUNK DRAWING.
He drew a map for the officers of site in question. He drew the privacy fence on Suburban Drive. He is shown his drawing. He expains his drawing. Kronk drew diagram of tree, water and other items he saw in wooded area.










Kronk says he can't remember how far the edge of the road was from "his find." he never took deputies there.
Roy Krunk states he  could see edge of road from remains site.  The deputies never went with him to "spot." He did not smell anything unusual. He did not lift the bag. RK states he never went bacck into woods after August 11, 2008. He is a little "testy." . Weird.  He nvever told the deputies he found a bag that might have bones in it. RK testifies he told Deputy Caine  the object APPEARED  to be bone. RK is testy and states he was never closer than 20-30 feet . He saw it "through the veil of the trees." Rk testifies the area was dry.
He was aware there was a reward. He did not go tell media in the area what he found. RK testifies that he never said he found "bones." He testifies he saw something what appeared to be "bones." He told his roommate.
Roy Krunk states he was told it was the same bag. Then changes his statement then states "i don't know."
On August 11, 2008 he tried to point out the object to them. They were more interested in the snake.
Lunch
Mason>  RK denies he notified dispatch officer,  on Aug 12, 2008, he found skull. Mason is entering into evidence (with stipulation read by JP) 3 tapes.  The dates are August 11, 12, 13, 2008. The 911 tapes are played.

TAPED TRANSCRIPT OF 911 CALL 
TRACKING #2008-Q20190 
AUGUST 11, 2008 
OP  911 OPERATOR 
RK  ROY KRONK 
OP  911. What is your emergency? 
RK  Hi. I don't have an, I don't, I don't want to. I called the non-emergency line and 
somehow got you. 
OP  How can I help you, sir? 
RK  Uh, I'm  a meter reader with Orange County and I had the route today that 
included the Anthony's home. 
OP  Uh-huh (agreement). 
RK  Okay? And I went down to the school and came back and when I was coming 
back I stopped between the two swamp areas there. I don't know if you know 
what  I'm  talking about or not. 
OP  No, but go  ahead. 
RK  But, there's a  stretch of road there that goes from like (inaudible), part of the road 
is down to a school and, and, in-between it on either side there's a swamp and if 
you're heading back out towards the main road, uh, on the, uh, left-hand side, in 
an area, I noticed something that looks white and there was a, uh, like a gray bag 
down in there. I don't know what it is. I'm not telling you it's, you know, it's 
Caylee, or anything of that nature. 
OP Okay. Do? OP Okay. Do? 

RK  I just don't. Huh? 
2  OP  Do you know what street the Anthony home is on? 
3  RK  Yeah, it's on Good Hope, isn't it? 
4  OP  Okay. Good Homes and what's the nearest intersecting street? 
5  RK  Uh, it's the one it comes off of. Isn't that? It's like, uh, Su, uh, Suburban or 
6  something like that? 
7  OP  Hold on. I just want to bring up the map. Hold on. 
8  RK  'Cause  I  just read that. That's the route  I  have today to read the meters on. 
9  OP  Hold on. 
10 RK  And this could be nothing. 
11 OP 
I  don't find Good Homes intersecting with Suburban anywhere. 
12  RK  What is? What does it intersect with? 
13  OP  Oh, my God, all kinds, uh. 
14  RK  No, there should only be like three roads it intersects with. 
15  OP Good Homes Road? 
16  RK Yeah. 
17  OP  1 don't. 
18  RK  The Anthony's live off of. It's back in that little, uh, subdivision. There's like a 
19  elementary school or something back there. 
20  OP You don't know what the name of it is? 
21  RK  Oh, God, no. It's in my GPS though. I might be able to pull it up. Hold on. Do 
22  you see a, urn, something, oh, what is that? Hold on. Let me go pull my GPS 
23  up. [Singing] Da, da, da, da, da. It's coming up now. 
24  OP  I'm looking in the phone book. 
25  RK  Loading map. Sorry. Hold on. It should be up in a second. Three, or two. 

OP  I have. Is it Anthony house on Holly Street in Zellwood? 
2  RK  No, it should have. Uh, Suburban Drive. It's like. It's, there's a school at 8701 
3  Suburban Drive, but it's actually at the end of the road, not at the beginning of the 
road and, uh, that's where the, uh, and their, their road comes off of Suburban 
5  Drive and, uh, I work up at the Curry Ford. You know? It's a, a headquarters 
there. Curry Ford. And, uh, we were over there reading that today and, uh. 
7  OP  Okay. I, I have the map now. Okay? 
8  RK  Yeah. 
9  OP  8701 Suburban is in Chickasaw Oaks subdivision. 
10  RK  Yeah, that's the, that's where the school should be. 
11  OP  If you are at the intersecting streets, it's Chickasaw and Lumberton. 
12  RK  Right. If you go. Right. If you go  down  that road, that's where the school's at. 
13 
In-between from where you can get on to their road at, then down, there's a 
14  swamp area. If you are heading towards the school on the right and left, you are 
15  heading towards the school, it would be on your right-hand side. And there's like 
16  a big swamp area there and there we found a dead, four-foot, uh, eastern, 
17  diamond rattle back there but that's not really the thing. There's like two little 'in' 
18  areas you can go and there's a big, long tree laying down and there's a lot of 
19  swamp back in there. Well, back behind one of the trees down there was a gray 
20  bag and then a little bit further up than that, I saw something white. But after I 
21  saw that, uh, four-foot, uh, eastern, diamond rattlesnake, I'm not going in that 
22  property. 
23  OP  Okay. So if you, if, if, if you're going, um, on Suburban. 
24  RK  You are heading down towards the school. 
25  OP  Okay. And it's after Chickasaw on the right-hand side? 


RK  Yeah, there's a, uh, the road, the road kind of stops and then there's like this; you 
go down and there's a six-foot tall fence on the, uh, left-hand side and then the 
right-hand side is open, heading towards the school and it's all swamp area on 
both sides and it would be on the right-hand side that I, I saw what I saw. 
OP  Okay. I'll let 'em know. 
RK  I appreciate you. And, don't forget, I have no idea what it was so, and I don't 
want to waste any more of the, the county's money but I'm just telling you I saw 
something. 
OP  Not a problem. 
RK Thank you, ma'am. 
OP Thanks. Bye-bye. 
RK Bye-bye. 

TAPED TRANSCRIPT OF 911 CALL
TRACKING #2008-Q20190
AUGUST 12, 2008
OP  911 OPERATOR
RK  ROY KRONK
OP  Sheriff's office.
RK  Yeah, hi, my name is Roy Kronk. I'm a meter reader with Orange County.
Yesterday, I read the Anthony's route. Uh, uh, we got done and I got done and  I
went down. Do you know where the school is, down there at the bottom of
Suburban?
OP  Uh-huh (agreement).
RK  I call this in yesterday and I don't know if this is what ya'll looked at today or not
but, uh, on the way back up I stopped, uh, in the middle there, where there's a
swamp, there's a, if you are coming out, there would be a fence on the right-hand
side and just open, you know, swamp area on the left-hand side.  I went down,
uh, well, I had to  take  a, you know, and I went down and there was, behind one
of the trees was a gray, vinyl-like bag, like a pool cover or something like that and
it looked rather suspicious.  I  didn't touch anything. And then a little bit further up
you can tell where someone ran across with a mower but the weeds were still
real high in that area. There's a fallen tree that looks like someone had tried to
cut on it at one point but there was a white board hanging across the tree and
there was something round and white underneath of it. And, uh, I don't know
what it is but it just didn't look like something that should be there.
09 3 4 a

KRONK ROY/911  CALL/8-12-08/Pid 1

OP  Can I have some cross-streets, please?
RK  Uh, there is no cross-streets. If you turn on Suburban, go down past, you know,
the first street, go down past the second street, where the roads would turn into.
That goes to their homes. If you go all the way down to the end of Suburban
there's a school down there.
OP  Okay. Suburban and where, sir?
RK  Sir, off, off of Chickasaw. Yeah, it's right, it's like right by the house now. You go
in off of Chickasaw.  You go down Suburban.  You'll pass; what is it?
Lamberton?
OP  Uh-huh (agreement).
RK  It's the first one and then the second one is Hope Springs and then if you go all
the way down there's a school there. As you are going down to the school you
are gonna hit a wooded area. If you are going towards the school, on your lefthand side.
OP  What's the name of the school, sir?
RK  Uh, it's just the elementary school there. I don't know. I just read the meter at it
yesterday.  I don't. I didn't  really.  I  just, you know, looked for my meter number.
I really don't pay attention to that, the rest of  it. But if you go down there, there's
a swamp on the left-hand side and there's a fence, about a six-foot high fence
there. On the other side of the road there is another swamp right there and that's
where the gray bag is. It's a little bit down, more towards the school and then the
area it's all right in there. That's also where we found uh, a dead, four-foot, uh,
eastern diamondback rattlesnake and that's why I didn't go any further into the
swamp.
OP Okay. Roy, what's your phone number?


TAPED TRANSCRIPT OF 911 CALL
TRACKING #2008-Q20190
AUGUST 12, 2008
OP  911 OPERATOR
RK  ROY KRONK
OP  Sheriff's office.
RK  Yeah, hi, my name is Roy Kronk. I'm a meter reader with Orange County.
Yesterday, I read the Anthony's route. Uh, uh, we got done and I got done and  I
went down. Do you know where the school is, down there at the bottom of
Suburban?
OP  Uh-huh (agreement).
RK  I call this in yesterday and I don't know if this is what ya'll looked at today or not
but, uh, on the way back up I stopped, uh, in the middle there, where there's a
swamp, there's a, if you are coming out, there would be a fence on the right-hand
side and just open, you know, swamp area on the left-hand side.  I went down,
uh, well, I had to  take  a, you know, and I went down and there was, behind one
of the trees was a gray, vinyl-like bag, like a pool cover or something like that and
it looked rather suspicious.  I  didn't touch anything. And then a little bit further up
you can tell where someone ran across with a mower but the weeds were still
real high in that area. There's a fallen tree that looks like someone had tried to
cut on it at one point but there was a white board hanging across the tree and
there was something round and white underneath of it. And, uh, I don't know
what it is but it just didn't look like something that should be there.
09 3 4 a

KRONK ROY/911  CALL/8-12-08/Pid 1

OP  Can I have some cross-streets, please?
RK  Uh, there is no cross-streets. If you turn on Suburban, go down past, you know,
the first street, go down past the second street, where the roads would turn into.
That goes to their homes. If you go all the way down to the end of Suburban
there's a school down there.
OP  Okay. Suburban and where, sir?
RK  Sir, off, off of Chickasaw. Yeah, it's right, it's like right by the house now. You go
in off of Chickasaw.  You go down Suburban.  You'll pass; what is it?
Lamberton?
OP  Uh-huh (agreement).
RK  It's the first one and then the second one is Hope Springs and then if you go all
the way down there's a school there. As you are going down to the school you
are gonna hit a wooded area. If you are going towards the school, on your lefthand side.
OP  What's the name of the school, sir?
RK  Uh, it's just the elementary school there. I don't know. I just read the meter at it
yesterday.  I don't. I didn't  really.  I  just, you know, looked for my meter number.
I really don't pay attention to that, the rest of  it. But if you go down there, there's
a swamp on the left-hand side and there's a fence, about a six-foot high fence
there. On the other side of the road there is another swamp right there and that's
where the gray bag is. It's a little bit down, more towards the school and then the
area it's all right in there. That's also where we found uh, a dead, four-foot, uh,
eastern diamondback rattlesnake and that's why I didn't go any further into the
swamp.
OP Okay. Roy, what's your phone number?






TAPED TRANSCRIPT OF 911 CALL 
TRACKING #2008-Q20190 
AUGUST 13, 2008 
OP  911 OPERATOR 
RK  ROY KRONK 
OP  Orange County Sheriffs Office. How can I help you? 
RK  Yeah, it's Hidden Oaks Elementary School. 
OP Okay. How can  I  help you? 
RK  I,  I  didn't. Uh, yeah, my name is Roy Kronk. I'm a meter reader with Orange 
County. Uh, I have the,  I  have the Caylee's route on Monday and there's an area 
in-between where Suburban and down at, uh, Hidden Oaks, uh, Elementary. 
There is a swamp area that I saw something that I called in a tip the other day 
and they said they would dispatch an officer out to me when I got there and I'm 
here. 
OP Your name? 
RK  My name is Roy, last name is Kronk, K-R-O-N-K. 
OP Let me have your phone number. 
RK Uh, 
OP Okay. And exactly where are they going to meet you? On Suburban? And 
what's (inaudible)? 
RK  Uh,  I'm in-be, I'm in-between, I'm not near any of the roads. I'm just in a, a 
swampy area that's between where the Anthony's road starts and the, uh, and 
Ori& 49 

/Did Hidden Oaks. It's. There's no streets here. It's just swamp on either side of the 
road. 
OP  Okay. Can you go back to the intersection of Suburban and Hope Spring and 
wait for them there? Is that the nearest intersecting street to where you are? 
RK  Yeah, if they come around the corner, they can see me sitting here. 
OP  Okay. So you're right past Hope Springs? 
RK  Right. Yeah. I'm sitting, uh, facing the road in the opposite direction and I'm in a 
blue, four-door Cavalier. 
OP  All right. I'll have somebody out there as soon as I can. 
RK  I thank you. 
OP You have a good day, sir. 
RK You too. Bye. 
OP Bye-bye. 



Mason questions Krunk on the particular of the calls. He states at the beginning of his work day did not know t he route was on the Anthony home. He knew by end of day.
In an earlier statement Kronk said he was 99.9% sure it was a human skull.. Kronk says he was looking "down at it (skull) at a distance." Kronk says he wasn't over top of it 
He has pointed out the area in question to Deputy Caine. RK testifies Deputy Caine went down to the area, slipped and fell and "chewed him out for a half hour." (Deputy Caine was fired )

ROY KRUNK DOCUMENTS
\
RK is testy. He re testifies that he never went to area after he was there to relieve himself.   Mason shows him  his deposition. . He begins to show him his depositon then there is a sidebar
Mason shows Kronk statement and then asks if he told LE he was 100% certain it was a skull? Kronk says no 99.9% Mason shows him paper again.
Mason: Did you do anything with the authorities prior to Dec. 2008? Kronk: No Mason: Were you involved in case prior? Kronk: No
. RK was on Good Morning America. Good Morning America paid for his pic with rattlesnake. Kronk said he was paid $15,000 for a snake photo. Kronk also collected $5K from Crimeline (anonymous tipline in Central Florida)
RK testifies he dd not call son in November 2008 and said h. e was going to be famous. Orange County paid for his attorney until he was fired.
ROY KRUNK INTERVIEW WITH SHERIFF DEPUTIES

RK testifies he did not know his cell phone records were subpeonaed. Kronk says he never went back to Suburban Drive. Says his car was never inspected by LE.
December 11, 2008, he was on the Hopespring route. He went back into woods to relieve himself. He did not read the Anthony meter. He found the remains.  RK testifes he can not tell if the remains were in the same place as August, The area  had been flooded.  He does not know if it is the same bad and same skull. He put a meter stick through the eye socket of the skull gently. He pivoted the skull.He never lifted it up. He apologizes for poking the skull. He describes the event as "horrific" RK testifies he call area supervisor. The supervisor was "Alex."
RK testifies he did not ask about reward. RK does not recall Pamela Quarter, deputy. RK testifes he does not ask if he was entitled to reward. RK .RK testifes he might have said he wanted to keep reward money quiet as to not alert ex-wife. RK states he might have said it jokingly. He felt he was trying to be a good citizen and then got "chewed out." RK testifies that he was stil angry with the deputy that "chewe him out." He was not mad at the whle department. He testifies that he had jokingly said he was going to get the reward money. RK he had not read meters in that neighborhood. He denies going to search the woods but he went there to relieve himself.
RK testifies he was joking about the money and never joked about finding the remains. RK testifes he never had  and "I told you so" conversations with co-workers in regard to where the remains were located. RK re-testifies that he told Deputy Caine that it appeared to be a skull.
He did discuss  with  co-worker  that the  woods would be a "good spot" to dump a body. RK testifies that in August there was water. It was not dry enough to walk around.
RK denies making phone call to son in November. RK states he called son in December and told him he had found something. Kronk: Son mistaken about phone call.    If he watched TV he would see RK for the first time since child was 8 years old.


                                                     KRONK' SON, BRANDON SPARKS


Kronk repeats what happened in Aug. Says he didn't get close.. Just went to bathroom. Thought he saw something looked like skull. Dead snakeKronk: "You are making it sound like I was standing over top of [skull]."



RECESS

ROY KRUNK, MOTION TO ENTER BAD ACTS
The jury is returned. Mason continue to question the witness
RK testifies he did not call his son.  RK talked to his son 12 times appx. between October- December 2008. He states his phone number for the record. He does not know his sons number as it is saved in his phone. RK did not tell his son that he was going to be rich , nor famous.  RK states "not really."  RK testifies he did not tell detectives he needed money. He did not say "Roy has to eat, too."  He talked to Yuri Mellich about needing money, keeping a low profile. He joked (per RK) that "ROy had to eat, too,"

RK is shown a statement. He identifies the date as December 11, 2008.  Roy Kronk now testifies he lifted the  bag  off ground. He re-testifies he was gentle.

http://files.realitychatter.com/CA/Docs/Roy-Kronk-121108-3986-3991.pdf
Transcript of  sworn interview of December 11, 2008/ Yuri Mellich

Mason> Is todays version the skull did or did not roll out of bag. RK> It did not roll out of bag. Kronk says in his initial statement he said he lifted bag and skull "fell out" "rolled out" says he lifted it until his arm was straight out' Kronk says finding that "unnerved him."
RK testifies on December 11, 2008  he lifted the bag, he shook it 3 times. He did not see anything fall out. He looked down and the skull was at his feet.
RK testifies he does not recall how many  handwritten, interviews and depositions he gave. RK testifies that he did state the same occurences in his ABC interview.
Kronk has said 2-3 times to Mason, "You've completely lost me." 
Kronk to Mason: "Please specify what you're talking about." Mason> Did you ever tell LE not to speak of his earlier statements? RK> NO. He recalls asking to keep a low profile.
RK testifies he had a computer. His computer was never recovered.
RK did not work the day before  he found remains, He had car repairs.  Aug 10th (day before he made "find") RK says needed $1000+ to fix car (clutch went out) he didn't go to work that day bc car didn't work.   RK states he needed money for remains. He testified he may have mentioned to others he needed money. Mason> And on the very next day you found remians. RK >Yes, sir.
Mason enters something into evidence. Never shows it. NO more questions.
Burdick to cross. RK does not know Dominic Casey or Jim Hoover. He does not know any of the Anthonys. He does not live in Orlando. He lives in St Cloud. He moved to Florida in 2007. He started working for Orange County in Many , 2007.  He became familiar with places through his GPS. He used GPS to do his job.  The inital day in question, August 11, 2008, had been the second day he had ever been in that area.
August 11, 2008 > Finished route. Co Workers meet him on Suburban Drive,.They helped each other finish route.  He relieved himself in woods.   He told Mr Dean and coworker what he saw in the woods but co wokers were "screaming" like little girls" because the found dead snake.  He told non emeergency both sides of the street was swampy. Then they went to office.
RK describes the woods as having an edge and then goes drops down 6 feet, appx. WAter collects there.
He called about 9 ish. He was not allowed to disrupt roommates TV.  He called non emergency.  Dispatch did not ask him to meet officers at site.  He left it up to them what they did with information.



August 12, 2008>  He called after 9pm on this day. He did not think he was going to have to meet deputy. He had called Crimeline.
August 13, 2008 After work , he called from location and he wanted a deputy to meet him. He wanted to show them area.  This is when 2 deputies meet him.The male went down  slope. He then preceded to berate him why he was wasting his and counties time.
The female waited on the street. RK waited on the grass. The deputy looked around briefly per RK.  Because how he was treated he let the matter go.
He had nevver been at the Anthony home except to read meter.
December 10 2008. He needed money per Mason . He also needed money in June, July and August, too.,
He never had access to Anthony home, garage, Pontiac Sunfire.
August 11, 2008 when he read the meter, there were alot of people and meter.
He did not have access to the Anthony computer, Caylees clothing, pull ups, diapers, the Anthony laundry bags, Caylees blankets or duct tape fron the Anthony HOme.Kronk says he never had access to  the inside of the Anthony  backyard,or pool.
Excused.

No comments: